Thursday July 20
Dr Dione Healey (University of Otago) shares insights from her extensive research into ADHD, much of which is concerned with supporting children with ADHD through cognitive training. Dione is the creator of the ENGAGE programme which is designed to improve brain functioning and build self-regulation through games and exercise.
The key ideas discussed in this webinar are also shared in a short insight article.
Here are some of the resources that Dione suggested you might want to explore further:
- The work of Dr Russell Barkley, including the books he has written can be found on this website
- ADHD NZ
- CHADD – a US-based organisation which has a lot of resources for parents, educators and adults with ADHD
- Games and activities you can play with young children to support the development of self regulation skills –
- Games and activities for supporting executive function and self regulation skills in lower primary school
- Activities and strategies for supporting executive function and self regulation skills at upper primary school
- Strategies for supporting executive function and self regulation at secondary school