Summary: Describe your experience of learning at home during the lockdown
– AS A BONUS INCENTIVE, WE ARE OFFERING $500 LIBRARY SPENDING FOR TWO SCHOOLS WHO PARTICIPATE! Find out more here
Set-up: 5 mins
Duration: 15 mins – 1 hour
Timeframe: responses must be submitted by May 31 to be considered for the prize
Complexity: Varies with age and ability
- Students can find their version of the survey at Survey Monkey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TQXKQMF.
- Students can use a computer/iPad to write their response, or a pen/pencil to complete a paper version.
What to do
Write a personal reflection or story describing your experience of learning at home during the lockdown. We are also seeking reflections from teachers and parents, so please feel free to share this widely.
Key questions to explore:
• How have you been engaging in learning during the lockdown period?
• What have you enjoyed about learning at home?
• What haven’t you enjoyed or found difficult about learning from home?
• What parts of being at school have you missed when learning at home?
• Are there aspects of learning at home that you would like to see continue when schools reopen?
• What are you looking forward to when schools reopen?
Students can submit their reflection via Survey Monkey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TQXKQMF.
Alternatively, student reflections can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post to: Nina Hood, The Education Hub; c/o Faculty of Education and Social Work, University of Auckland; Private Bag 92601; Symonds Street; Auckland 1150. Please remember to include your school name and year level.