Assessment Essentials 2021
August 2021 intake
REGISTER BY FRIDAY JULY 9
- 10-week online course
- Improve the efficiency of assessment practices, helping you reduce workload – do more with less
- Understand how to question existing practices
- Link assessment with curriculum and pedagogy, to improve student outcomes
- Reframe the value of assessment, offering case studies and advice from other school leaders
- Maximise the power of assessment as a tool for learning
You can buy up to 10 enrolments – contact us for a group discount if you require more than 10
Sorry, this course is now
What teachers need to know about assessment
REGISTRATIONS CLOSED – Click here to ask about joining the next intake
This 10-week course, delivered by the UK’s Evidence Based Education, follows a micro-lesson structure, designed to fit around the busy timetable of teachers and is a commitment of around 1.5 hours per week. It kicks off with an introductory webinar with Dr Nina Hood from The Education Hub and Professor Stuart Kime from Evidence Based Education, and includes interviews with leading thinkers and practitioners – Dylan Wiliam, Daisy Christodoulou, Professor John Hattie and others, who will help teachers reflect on and develop their practice.
Start date: Monday 2 August
Enrol through The Education Hub for just NZ$160+GST per person (a saving of approximately NZ$25 on the normal price). Please note, if paying by direct banking, full payment must be received within 7 days or your enrolment cannot be processed.
Who is it for?
Assessment Essentials is for teachers who wish to:
- make students’ learning more visible, thereby increasing confidence in the dependability of decisions made in the classroom and beyond;
- maximise the power of assessment as a powerful learning tool.
How does it work?
The Education Hub and Evidence Based Education collaborate to bring you a bespoke version of this highly-rated course. Kicking off with an introductory webinar with Dr Nina Hood from The Education Hub and Professor Stuart Kime from Evidence Based Education, the updated course features:
- Interviews with teachers and leaders in New Zealand, discussing how they are implementing assessment ideas and approaches, taken from Assessment Essentials, into their own schools and practice;
- A discussion forum exclusive to New Zealand school teachers to encourage collaboration and networking; and
- A concluding webinar to discuss and share participants’ implementation plans.
Enrolling a group
If you would like to enrol a group of more than 10 teachers in this course, please email us.
Case study and feedback from teachers
Follow this link to see a case study relating to this course – Assessment…More than a test!
of course participants said they would recommend this course to a colleague
What people say about the Assessment Essentials course
“I really enjoyed this course – it was exactly what I needed for my PD and way beyond the quality my school can provide in-house!.”
“A gem of a course! This is the most valuable PD I have had in a long time. The quality of materials is excellent and the ability to work through the course in one’s own time is extremely helpful for the busy teacher!”
“The course has been genuinely useful and encouraged me to re-think some of the departmental-level assessment practices we had.”
“It has helped make better use of progressive achievement assessments, helping us to look at what actions we can take with that information.”